Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Conversations with the Doughnut Lady


So my camera is out of batteries and I'm too lazy/busy to put new ones in it. However since the only person that every really reads my blog has threatened to delete me if I don't post something I figured I would throw this little story up that I've been hanging onto for awhile.

The misses is pregnant, and as you know pregnant women have food cravings. On a good day she loves Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. I mean who doesn't! This day she was jonesing for some KK doughnuts, unfortunately I had passed the only KK on the way home. So out comes the trusty iPhone and I input our zip and doughnuts into the search to find the nearest doughnut place. Luckily their was one on the way home so I gave them a call to find out exactly where they were located. Here is the conversation that followed.

ring ring

Doughnut Lady: Hello …(indistinguishable mumblings…) doughnuts.

Me: Hi. Where are you located?

Doughnut Lady: Doughnuts!

Me: Yes, I know you sell doughnuts, but where are you located?

Doughnut Lady: …Doughnuts?…

Me: No! WHERE…ARE…YOU…LOCATED?

Doughnut Lady: …273…(indistinguishable mumblings)…doughnuts?

Me: Look, if I’m heading away from Atlanta on Hwy. 78 are you on the left or the

right?

Doughnut Lady: ……Doughnuts?!

Me: Listen to me. Are you in the same parking lot as the movie theater?

Doughnut Lady:…eh…I’m alone.…… Doughnuts???

I hang up on the Donut Lady.


Never the less I found the Doughnut Lady and her magical doughnut shop only to discover that it had a health score of 73. As you can guess baby mama went without the doughnut ladies famous ecoli filled doughnuts and I went to Krispy Kreme for some hot and fresh doughnuts the following evening.

1 comment: